This privacy statement explains what information we collect, how we store, process and use it. If you would like information about which of your data we hold, please contact us as indicated below. Some of the data we collect may be considered personal data and we protect it in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679 (the Data Protection Regulation).
When we publish changes to this privacy statement, we will indicate the date on which the statement was last updated. If we make material changes to the statement or to the way we use your personal information, we will notify you in a transparent manner by sending you an appropriate notice prior to making any changes or by sending you a notice. We recommend that you review this statement periodically.
Why do we collect data?
We only process your data for purposes justified by our services. We process data respecting your fundamental right to privacy, including the need to protect your personal integrity and privacy. We are always mindful not to collect more data than is necessary to provide the required services. Unless otherwise specified, at Inter Fleet Ltd we specify the purpose and method of data collection, which in legal terms means that we act as a 'controller' of personal data.
We collect data in order to:
- provide vehicle reservation services,
- carry out rental contracts and issue bills,
- respond to your enquiries, complaints and claims,
- send you information about our offer.
What data do we collect?
Booking a vehicle
If you wish to book a vehicle, we will need your name, address, telephone number and email address from you.
If you decide to hire a vehicle from our range, we will need additional personal details to sign the hire agreement:
- personal identification number (PESEL),
- date of birth,
- identity card/passport (number and expiry date),
- driving license number, issuing authority and expiry date,
- credit card number,
- telephone number,
- e-mail address.
Enquiries & Complaints
To respond to your enquiry, complaint or claim we will need the following information:
- telephone number,
- number and expiry date of your identity card,
- driving license number, issuing authority and expiry date.
How do we collect data?
We collect data in the following situations:
- when we provide a service,
- when you openly transmit them to us, for example by sending an email or making a phone call,
- when you sign up to our newsletter,
- when you provide marketing consents.
Whenever possible, we will let you know which of your details we need to know before using the service.
Some third-party sites may monitor traffic related to our products and services, such as the number of clicks or search terms. We do not share any personal data with such sites.
How do we protect your data?
We use appropriate technical and administrative security measures to ensure that our users' data is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, use, alteration or loss. The measures taken are regularly checked and continually adapted to the current state of technology.
We comply with the law when handling your data. We also require our suppliers and service providers to provide security assessments and compliance with applicable laws and industry standards.
We regularly review, improve and update our working procedures, business processes and technical measures to enhance your privacy and ensure that we comply with our own internal policies.
How do we share your data?
Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o. may transfer your personal data to third parties in the following situations:
- in order to comply with legal obligations, e.g. passing to courts or other competent authorities during or in connection with civil, criminal, misdemeanour or other proceedings;
- to protect the rights, safety or property belonging to Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o.;
- in order to enter into or perform agreements or process transactions with intermediaries or agencies through which you have entered into an agreement with Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o.;
- in order to avoid or limit damage that may occur to Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o.;
- in other cases where you have given your consent.
In any case of sharing your personal data with third parties, Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o. prohibits the use of your personal data for purposes other than those specified under the agreement and obliges the third parties to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data.
How long do we keep your data?
Personal data will be stored in a way that allows identification only when necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed or as required by the laws of your country for the storage of confidential personal data by the controller. Personal data may be stored for longer periods of time in specific situations such as for statistical purposes or archiving purposes in the public interest.
Where your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, if you withdraw your consent we will cease to process your data and no longer use it, but this may result in you not being able to enjoy the additional benefits associated with such consent.
Your personal data will not be able to be deleted at certain intervals in the event that payment of unpaid outstanding claims is enforced or other proceedings are initiated. In that case, your personal data will be deleted after the final settlement of the case or the statutory limitation period for statutory claims that regulate mandatory and legal relationships.
- The right of access to your personal data - you have the right to request and receive those personal data relating to you (in writing, by telephone or email) with which we are in contact provided that your identity is established and confirmed beyond reasonable doubt.
- The right to correct or update your personal data - in the event that your data is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to correct or update it in writing or in person, provided that your identity is established and confirmed beyond reasonable doubt. You are responsible for providing correct personal data and you are also obliged to notify us of any significant changes to your personal data (change of name, address, etc.).
- The right to erase your personal data - if the reasons for which your personal data are processed no longer exist and the purpose for which they were collected has ceased, such data will be erased if this does not conflict with applicable regulations or if it is not for statistical purposes, where identification of the data subject is not possible on the basis of such personal data, or if this is not necessary for the establishment, implementation or defence of legal requirements. Right to withdraw consent given for marketing purposes - You have the right to withdraw your consent to the provision of marketing materials at any time.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data based on the legitimate interests of Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o. - You have the right to appeal at any time by providing reasons related to your interests in writing or in person at our company's registered office. In this case, we will notify you if the legitimate interests of our company exceed those of your company and further processing of your personal data is necessary to meet legal requirements, in which case your data will be further processed.
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - you have the right to do so in writing or in person at our office, as with the Data Protection Authority.
- The right to data portability - you have the right to request in writing or in person at our office that the data you have provided to us on the basis of consent or on the basis of a contract be made available to you in a structured, common and machine-readable format, where we process the data using automated procedures.
- The right to restrict processing - you have the right to request, in writing or in person at our registered office, the temporary blocking of the processing of your personal data provided that you question the correctness of the data and report the need to verify the correctness of the data or the unauthorised processing of the data, and if you object to the deletion of the data, where Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o. no longer needs such data and you request them to comply with legal requirements, or if you have filed a complaint and expect confirmation that the legitimate interests of Inter Fleet Sp. z o.o. outweigh your interests.